Ofsted Inspection Update September 2016
Iceni Academy had their official Ofsted Inspection on 6/7th July 2016 and Ofsted have graded us, as follows:
- Effectiveness of Leadership and Management – Good
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment – Good
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare – Good
- Outcomes for pupils – Good
- Early Years provision – Good
- 16-19 study programmes – Requires Improvement
These grades mean that we are officially now a Good academy, with capacity to become Outstanding. A copy of their report can found here.
This is a significant achievement for Iceni Academy pupils, teaching and learning staff and governors. We have never, in the history of the academy or in the predecessor school had such a high grade.
Ofsted recognised that ‘school leaders are ambitious. They want the school to become Outstanding and they are doing the right things to achieve this.’ They also concluded that ‘the quality of teaching has risen sharply’ and that the academy’s ‘work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is Outstanding.’ Inspectors were most impressed with the behaviour in both the primary and secondary sites, noting that it is ‘impeccable’